Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Jackson Cemetery and Deathly Hallows

Last week, my boyfriend David and I went to the cemetery in Jackson, CA, so that he could collect owl pellets to disect for animal bones, and I could explore and take photos. He found several rat skulls, in case you were curious, but here are some of the photos that I editted from the excursion.

 

    Posing in front of a mausoleum gate.                           An old tailing wheel we visited .

 Who's father? When was he born?
Where was he from? When did he die? How many kids did he have?
Was he a priest? Where is "Mother"?
This headstone brings on so many questions...








I hope these people don't haunt me for posing by their gravestones.
 

I can explain... 






Aww <3 

On Sunday the 17th, we saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 2. I will not say much, but I will say that I loved it, and most scenes were exactly how I imagined  when I first read them. Even parts that seemed a bit rushed, I thought were very sufficient for the legnth of the movie. I am sad that it's all over. Because I am so cool, I dressed up despite going to a morning showing 2 days after the release. There were a few others though, and I was also joined by David and my mom. I tried to be Bellatrix, but I have very short hair so it was quite difficult to pull it off. I was happy with my dress though.
My Deatheater boyfriend...
I was dissapointed, because I  kept summoning Voldemort but he wouldn't come. I guess sharpie dark marks don't work the same...
                                                                                                     
My mom was Professor Trelawney. This is not how she usually dresses.

                                      It looks like Ron is trying to yank a piece of my hair out.

That is all!

4 comments:

  1. We got our first "movie night out" the other day and we saw Harry Potter and LOVED it. It may have been the first taste of theater popcorn in about a year, it may have been the magic of previews, or it may have been the awesomness of Harry Potter, but I loved the movie. Jackson Cemetery is beautiful and once you get to know the history of the area you can become absolutely enamored with the stories on the tombstones. Just look at street names and you will recognize the names on graves and can imagine the stories behind the dead.
    Check out the Pine Grove cemetery near the town park and you will find gorgeous non-native flowers and old timey graves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are super cute! Even though we have never met in real life, and I haven't even seen David in super long, I always love seeing pictures of you guys on his facebook. (He and I were friends from junior high days!) Also, not many friends of mine have blogs, so it's always and exciting connection to find! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. -Thanks Melissa, I will definitely go to the Pine Grove cemetery sometime. I think cemeteries are very beautiful and interesting.

    -Ellie, you have a very cool blog, and I like your style. Thanks for visiting mine:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a blog Ellie! Psh.

    Anyways, what amazed me about this trip was the sheer number of rodent bones that cover the graveyard.

    ReplyDelete