Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

The Mundane Appreciation Post.

1. Seeing inchworms hanging from trees in the spring. It reminds me of the simpler days of childhood right before summer would start, and it serves as a reminder of playing in my backyard with my friends, collecting the little bugs and watching them hang from our fingers. That was back when I would actually touch bugs. Now..eww. I still like seeing them though.

2.Blueberry muffins with crunchy sugar toppings. Is there anything else to say? A good blueberry muffin baked to perfection just makes my day. Best snack everrr.

3. When old people say hi to you as you pass them on the street. There's something cool about old people. They just seem more genuine, and they are more polite. Well, most of them. Sopeaking of that, an old man said "Hello" to me as I walked by and I said "Good Morning." It was 1:oo pm. I felt stupid.

4. Frozen Yogurt. Vanilla, specifically. With oreo cookies:D

5. The smell of books. The best smelling book I ever read was The Oaken Throne by Robin Jarvis. You should read it because it smelled so good. And because it had squirrels and bats in it. And epic battles...

6. Purring kittens <3

7. Living room dance parties with your family. Wait, you say your family doesn't blast music and dance in the living room? :O How sad.

8. The middle c key on the piano. I don't know why. It's just my favorite. It helps you find everyhting I guess.

9. Lace, ribbons, floral prints, and bows^_^ What? I AM a girl.

10. Soft carpets.

11. The sound of Masonic Ave. at night while staying at my aunt's house in San Francisco. And watching the cars go by.

12. The depressing painting of a blonde girl holding a black cat and crying that has hung in my room since as long as I can remember. My Grandpa painted it.

13. Postcards From Far Away. The Coldplay song, and the actual post cards. I havn't gotten a post card in a long time:(

14. Strange foreign movies about children on their own, such as Treeless Hill and Nobody Knows. They are really boring to watch, but they make you think about them long after.

15. Perfect weather. Not too hot, not too cold. No wind. It messes up my hair :\ And no humidity either. A little fog is nice, if it's only at night or in the morning. I like to see the sun at some point.

16. Big eucalyptus trees that you can climb in. I'm secretly a Koala. That explains why I like to sleep! And eat leaves! Wait, I don't do that...Ok I ate a eucalyptus leaf once when I was little. I don't know if that was a good idea...but I'm alive now right?:P

17. When the mustard flowers bloom in Plumas Lake, and they bring out the goats to eat all the weeds on the dirt road. Goats<3

18. A good cup of espresso when I come home from school. It's the first thing I do, everyday without fail.

19. Constancy. I don't like change.

20. Being able to remember many things about my childhood; random days, conversations, things I liked, and everything else. I like having a good memory. I sometimes just start thinking about things that happened when I was 10, or 5, or even 3. The kids who teased me in daycare, the exact names of the streets my friends lived on, what certain people's houses smelled like, interviewing the employees of the restaraunt my dad used to manage with my tape recorder, pretending I had an imaginary pet mouse that rode on the toy motor cycle at my Grandparents' house, all the details of my epic imaginary fairy game that lasted throughout 3rd and 4th grade, making "creek soup" in the backyard with my kitchen set, learning to play the first few notes of "Joy to The World" on my toy piano when I was 3, my pet caterpillar that was almost crushed by a tree, and of course, the inchworms.

1 comment:

  1. you should totally still touch bugs! Think of their adorable little bug faces!

    ReplyDelete