Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

October.

October is by far, my favorite month of the year. The weather is more tolerable, which is a major plus, but it also has Halloween. Halloween has always been a significant part of my year, and I was one of those kids who started planning their next Halloween costume a year in advance. I looked forward to trick or treating every single year until I was about 20, and I still wish I could go sometimes, without having old people glare at me. When I was in Kindergarten, I asked my "friend" Gloria to come trick or treating with me after school. She left briefly to ask her mother, and then returned to tell me "Halloween is for Satan worshipers." I feel so sorry for children who have to grow up with this idea, never experiencing the fun or beauty of Halloween. It's the only time your parents will let you dress in costumes and go out in public.



Aside from that, it's a time when people celebrate creepy things that they usually shun. Skeletons come out of the closet and onto front porches, and mini cemeteries spring up in people's yards. While all of this is kind of cheesy, I appreciate the effort and like looking at decorated houses in general.

This year, I have no idea what I will be doing on Halloween, as I am reluctant to waste my evening handing out candy in my pajamas, or drinking. For the month of October, I will sharing creepy things that remind me of Autumn/Halloween, such as videos, songs, stories, and anything else I could put in a blog. I will try to do it once a week, and encourage others to comment and share things that they like. Really, I just wish Halloween would last all October, so this is my attempt to experience that.

Anne Julie Aubry- one of my favorite artists. I could not find the name of this but I think it's delightfully creepy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment